Visiting family and friends in the US? Looking for tourist or medical reasons to travel?
USA Tourist/Visitor Visa: For non-business purposes, the US B2 visa is suitable for short-term travelers visiting the US. Auscanz Overseas Education Pvt Ltd has helped thousands of individuals around the world successfully apply for visas. Our in-depth understanding of the US visa process makes it the best choice for you to file an application for a US B2 visa.
The B-2 visa is a US visa for a non-immigrant. The visa grants individuals permission to access the US for a limited period of time, either for tourism, leisure or family visits. The B-1/B-2 visitor visa is for persons who temporarily come to the United States for business (B-1) or for leisure or medical care (B-2). The B-1 visa is usually for travelers consulting with business partners, attending conferences/conferences, scientific, educational, technical or business conventions, settling an estate or negotiating contracts. The B-2 visa is for leisure travel, including tourism, visits with friends or family, medical care and fraternal, social or service activities. The B-1 and B-2 visas are also fused and issued as one visa: the B-1/B-2 visa.
- If you apply for a B-1/B-2 visa, you must show a consular officer that you qualify in compliance with the U.S. for a U.S. visa. Act on Immigration and Nationality (INA). The INA presumes in section 214 (b) that any B-1/B-2 applicant is an intended immigrant. You have to overcome this legal question by demonstrating:
- That your trip to the United States is intended for a temporary visit, such as business, leisure, or medical treatment
- That you plan to stay for a particular, restricted period of time in the United States
- Proof of funds to cover the costs while in the United States
- That you have a place of residence outside the United States, as well as other binding social or economic relations, that at the end of your visit will guarantee your return abroad
- In certain conditions, personal or domestic employees and crew members working aboard vessels within the Outer Continental Shelf which qualify for B-1 visas.
- According to the Immigration and Nationality Act, certain foreign nationals may be ineligible for visas. You can check visa Eligibility Here.
You must request the following if you apply for a business/tourist visa:
- Electronic Application for a Nonimmigrant Visa (DS-160) Type. For more information on the DS-160, visit the DS-160 Web page.
- A passport that is valid for travel to the United States with a validity date of at least six months after your expected stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions). If more than one person is included in your passport, an application must be made by each person who desires a visa.
- One (1) photo of 2″x2″ (5cmx5cm) taken in the last six months. There is information about the appropriate picture format on this web page.
- A receipt that indicates payment in local currency of your US$160 non-refundable nonimmigrant visa application processing fee charged.
- You must send an interview appointment letter in addition to these things, indicating that you booked an appointment via this service. Whatever supporting documents you think support the information given to the consular officer, you can also carry them.
- Present proof of sales, tax payments, possession of property or company, or properties.
- Your itinerary for your trip and/or other details about your upcoming trip.
- A letter from your employer outlining your job, wages, how long you have been working, any approved holiday, and the intent of your U.S. travel, if any, for company.
- Criminal/court history of any detention or conviction somewhere, even though the sentence has been served or later pardoned.
FAQ related to USA Visitor/Tourist Visa
The US Tourist Visa (B-1/B-2) is a US Visa for non-immigrants. Its validity period varies from 1 month to 10 years and enables the US to enter single, double or multiple entries. The length of stay reported by the Customs and Border Protection Officer is a maximum of 6 months. This is at the port of entry on the Visa holder's Form I-94.
The exact processing times for a US Tourist Visa vary and are an approximation that can change at any time. Processing times cannot be guaranteed. Non-refundable reservations and tickets must not be bought till the time you obtain all the Passports and Visas.
There is currently no restriction on the money to be shown on the US Tourist Visa. Every number that can justify your US trip's total expenditures must be sufficient. This covers air fares, medical care, boarding, accommodation, shopping, etc., to and from It holds the length and intent of the trip in mind.The bigger the number, the richer.
For instance, the cost of a 15-day tour for one person can be expected to be about 5000 to 6000 USD. So you have to have the same sum of money in your or your sponsor's bank.
The required requisite documentation for the US Tourist Visa are as follows:
An initial passport that is valid for at least 6 months after the probable arrival date in the United States
1 image is required for each specification, both hard and digital copies.
DS-160 US Visa application form validation page, stamped at the VAC-Visa Application Centre
Receipt of Legal Fee Payment
US Visa Interview Appointment Letter
US Tourist Visa applicants must prove that they are qualified under the Immigration and Nationality Act requirements. The expectation of the law is that a visitor / tourist visa applicant is an intended migrant. This expectation must however be resolved by the applicants for this Visa.
Applicants have to prove that in their place of citizenship they have a home and they do not wish to leave it. They must also show that their aim is to enter the US for a defined and stated reason. For medical care, tourism, or industry, the object of their tour is to reach the US.
The following requirements must be fulfilled by applicants:
They must show that their stay is temporary.
At the conclusion of their visit, they must show their desire to return to their home country (or any extension)
They are expected to have a valid international passport.
They should have an overseas home that they intend to return
They should have enough funds to financially support themselves while in the country.
If your B-2 visa is valid, and if you have an invalid passport, you can still use it. Do not take it out of your passport. When you try to enter the United States, you can also use the visa on your expired passport for your current passport.
Since the D visa does not authorize you to remain in the United States, there are some restrictions that you will have to obey for the D visa.
For longer than the allotted duration, remain in the U.S.
Studying in the United States
Seeking jobs in the United States
Extend your visa D.
Adjust the condition of the D visa or alter it.
Apply for a D visa for a Green Card.
Act for a business other than the vessel or airline in which you were
Reach and depart the United States from numerous docks or airports
Do longshore activities on a D visa
Re-enter the United States after 6 months
It is a visa for a limited period. The visa is valid for a limited time of 29 days, or until the date of departure from the United States, whichever is earlier.